TMF holds a weekly Dinner for those struggling with homelessness and substance use. The Dinner is held at the Buckley Transportation Center at 295 Common St in Lawrence, MA. The TMF Dinner brings a very unique environment. We have a person(s) or business sponsoring the Dinner on a weekly basis.
At 8:15 pm everyone circles it up as a family where we go over the menu, rules, and what tables are available for the evening followed by a brief motivational life piece. Every so often we do a “Dedication Night” where we dedicate the TMF Dinner in Memory of someone that struggled with either Homelessness or Substance Abuse. The Dinner is a buffet style setting then everyone eats together at the tables in the center. The main focus is to build relationships between the TMF Members and Homeless with the hope of believing in that person till they can start to believe in themselves again.
As part of these dinners we welcome representatives of other organizations that can offer different assistance including:
- Donations – We distribute men’s and women’s clothes, blankets, socks, sleeping bags, and personal hygiene products
- Prayer – Every week we have a church present who provides free Bibles, individual prayers, and information on their church
- Books – The Nevins Library in Methuen comes with a selection of books
- Haircuts – Individuals can sign up to get a haircut that night
- Tewksbury TSS – Anyone struggling with a substance use disorder can meet with someone to discuss treatment
- Veterans Outreach – For Veteran seeking assistance in a variety of areas
We also provide time for people to just connect with one another:
- Board Games – Each week we have a Connect 4 Tournament, winner gets a gift card!
- Live Music – Bands or Musicians play weekly at the Dinner!
- Mailroom – As an organization, we collect letters written to Homeless individuals and distribute them at the dinners
- We also have a number of rotating activities including: Arts and Crafts, Live Paintings, Face Painting, Record Play, and Nails!
Donate a Meal
We are always looking for individuals and organizations to sponsor our weekly dinner. We ask that the food covers approximately 50 Individuals and is a variety of food since it’s a buffet style dinner. This can be accomplished in a few different ways:
- Order food from a local restaurant
- Cook a home made meal
- Donate money or a gift card for the dinner to be purchased by TMF